Sunday, April 24, 2011

Board Update

Good Afternoon:

Happy Easter!

LAST WEEK IN YOUR SCHOOL BOARD

On April 21st, I co-hosted with Broadview Heights Mayor Sam Alai, a Special Constituent Coffee for Broadview Heights Residents who live in the North Royalton School District. I just wanted to thank those who stopped by to give me their feedback. I hold these monthly coffees in order to stay in touch with fellow residents and listen to their feedback. There is no appointment necessary. Simply stop by and talk to me. I will keep you posted when my next monthly coffee in May will be. In addition it will return back to the normal location of the French Quarter Café.

Please Contact Our State Representatives on HB 153!!!!!
Please continue to contact our State Representatives and share your concerns about HB 153 as soon as possible! Below is their contact information:

State Senator Tom Patton
24th Senate District
Senate Building
1 Capitol Square, 1st Floor
Columbus, OH 43215
(614) 466-8056
SD24@senate.state.oh.us

State Representative Marlene Anielski (Broadview Heights portion of our school district)
17th House District
77 S. High St
12th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215-6111
Phone: (614) 644-6041
Fax: (614) 719-6956
district17@ohr.state.oh.us

State Representative Mike Dovilla
18th House District (North Royalton portion of our school district)
77 S. High St
12th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215-6111
Phone: (614) 466-4895
Fax: (614) 719-6957
district18@ohr.state.oh.us



THIS WEEK IN YOUR SCHOOL BOARD

This week there are various meetings and events.

North Royalton Educational Foundation Reception on April 27th at 5:00pm @ Carrie Cerino’s Ristorante, 8922 Ridge Rd., North Royalton, OH 44133.

Finance Advisory Committee Meeting on April 27th at 7:00pm @ Board of Education Office Conference Room, 6579 Royalton Rd., North Royalton, OH 44133.

Business Advisory Meeting on April 28th at 8:00am @ Board of Education Office Conference Room, 6579 Royalton Rd., North Royalton, OH 44133.

State Representative Mike Dovilla will be holding office hours on Saturday, April 30th, 2011 10am-12pm, North Royalton Public Library, 14600 State Rd., North Royalton 44133. This would be a great time for residents to personally share their concerns about HB 153 and its’ negative impact on the North Royalton City School District.

May SCENE Meeting
How will the proposed governor’s budget impact North Royalton City Schools? Governor Kasich’s Budget Proposal Would Cost North Royalton City Schools almost 5 Million Dollars in the next Biennium Budget. Our district will take a devastating hit from the Governor’s budget if nothing of significance changes. Please encourage your neighbors and friends to attend this very important meeting. Hosted by Superintendent Ed Vittardi and Treasurer Rich McIntosh on May 4, 2011 at 7:00pm at the North Royalton High School Community Room located at 14713 Ridge Rd., North Royalton, OH 44133.

Weekly E-mail Updates
If you have any friends or neighbors who would like to receive my weekly e-mail updates please let me know and I will be sure to add them to my e-mail list.

Website Under Construction
I just wanted to let you know that my website is currently under construction. I will be unveiling my new and improved website at www.danlangshaw.com in the coming months. You can follow me on Twitter @Langshaw4board. I also have a blog at http://votelangshaw4board.blogspot.com.

My Contact Info
If you ever have any questions or concerns please feel free to give me at call at 440-596-0078 or e-mail me at dan.langshaw@northroyaltonsd.org.

Have a great week!

Dan Langshaw
North Royalton School Board Member
440-596-0078
www.danlangshaw.com

“Putting Students First”

No comments:

Post a Comment