Sunday, March 27, 2011

Board Update

Good Evening:

This Thursday, March 31st I will be having my next monthly constituent coffee at the French Quarter Café located at 5540 Wallings Road in North Royalton from 6pm to 8pm. I hold these coffees in order to stay in touch with fellow residents and listen to their feedback one on one. This month I would like to especially hear any concerns residents may have regarding the upcoming state budget. There is no appointment necessary. Simply stop by and talk to me. Hope to see you there!


LAST WEEK IN YOUR SCHOOL BOARD

On March 22nd attended the annual Research and Independent Study Extravaganza (RISE) at the Middle School. RISE provides our Enriched Language Arts students in Grades 3-8 and our Advance RICA students in Grade 8 the opportunity to share their work with the public and other students as well as to receive feedback from evaluators on their completed projects. It was an honor to be one of the evaluators and I truly enjoyed hearing all the great student presentations!

On March 23rd attended the Ohio School Boards Association’s Northeast Region Spring Conference at the Wayne County Schools Career Center. It was a great evening which included student entertainment, presentation of Ohio Teacher of the Year nominees, presentation of Awards of Achievement, and Veteran Board member recognition for years of service. OSBA also gave a legislative update.

The School Board met on March 24th for Special Board Meeting. The Board approved an appropriations adjustment in the Building Fund from 0 to 3,020,946.70. By a 3-1 vote the Board awarded the following bids for Phase II of the Stadium Renovation Project: General Trades Contract bid package No. 7 to JTO Inc. for a base bid of $1,918,404.00 and award the Alternate bid package No. 7 C to JTO Inc. for Field Turf Revolution FTRV-1 in the amount of $371,777.33. HVAC bid package No. 8 to Westland Heating and Air Conditioning for a base bid of $87,000.00. Plumbing bid package No. 9 to The John F. Gallagher Mechanical Contractors for a base bid of $171,143.00. Electrical bid package No. 10 to B & J Electrical of Poland, Inc. for a base bid of $508,340.00.


THIS WEEK IN YOUR SCHOOL BOARD

This week there are various meetings and events.
Monthly Coffee with School Board Member Dan Langshaw
If you are a constituent living in the North Royalton School District, you are invited to attend my next monthly constituent coffee on March 31st at the French Quarter Café located at 5540 Wallings Road in North Royalton from 6pm to 8pm. I hold these coffees in order to stay in touch with fellow residents and listen to their feedback one on one. This month I would like to especially hear any concerns residents may have regarding the upcoming state budget. There is no appointment necessary. Simply stop by and talk to me. Hope to see you there!

Weekly E-mail Updates
If you have any friends or neighbors who would like to receive my weekly e-mail updates please let me know and I will be sure to add them to my e-mail list.

Website Under Construction
I just wanted to let you know that my website is currently under construction. I will be unveiling my new and improved website at www.danlangshaw.com in the coming months. You can follow me on Twitter @Langshaw4board. I also have a blog at http://votelangshaw4board.blogspot.com.

My Contact Info
If you ever have any questions or concerns please feel free to give me at call at 440-596-0078 or e-mail me at dan.langshaw@northroyaltonsd.org.

Have a great week!

Dan Langshaw
North Royalton School Board Member
440-596-0078
www.danlangshaw.com

“Putting Students First”

No comments:

Post a Comment