Sunday, March 6, 2011

Board Update

Good Afternoon:

If you have any friends or neighbors who would like to receive my weekly e-mail updates please let me know and I will be sure to add them to my e-mail list. I am working hard to make sure all those in our district are kept informed what’s happening with the School Board and the North Royalton School District.


LAST WEEK IN YOUR SCHOOL BOARD

On February 28th attended State Representative Marlene Anielski’s District Office Hour. She represents the 17th House District, which the Broadview Heights portion of the North Royalton School District. It was great meeting with Representative Anielski and having the opportunity to pass along concerns regarding the upcoming state budget and various items of pending legislation before the legislature.

On February 28th, I held my Monthly Constituent Coffee at the French Quarter Café. I just wanted to thank those who stopped by to give me their feedback. I hold these monthly coffees in order to stay in touch with fellow residents and listen to their feedback. There is no appointment necessary. Simply stop by and talk to me. I will keep you posted when my next monthly coffee in March will be. For my March coffee I really like to listen to any concerns you may have regarding the upcoming state budget.

Many of you recently have asked me for contact info for our representatives in Ohio General Assembly, here is their contact info:

24th Senate District
Senator Tom Patton (R)
Columbus Office:
Senate Building
1 Capitol Square, 1st Floor
Columbus, OH 43215
Phone: (614) 466-8056
Email: SD24@senate.state.oh.us
Committees: Energy and Public Utilities, Finance, Highways and Transportation (Chair), and Ways and Means and Economic Development.

17th House District (Broadview Heights portion of our school district)
State Representative Marlene Anielski (R)
Columbus Office:
77 S. High St
12th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215-6111
Phone: (614) 644-6041
Fax: (614) 719-6956
Email: district17@ohr.state.oh.us
Committees: Economic and Small Business Development, Education, Finance and Appropriations, and Public Utilities.

18th House District (North Royalton portion of our school district)
State Representative Mike Dovilla (R)
Columbus Office:
77 S. High St
12th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215-6111
Phone: (614) 466-4895
Fax: (614) 719-6957
Email: district18@ohr.state.oh.us
District Office:
62 Harnagy Street
Berea, OH 44017
Committees: Economic and Small Business Development, State Government and Elections, State Government and Elections Subcommittee on Redistricting, Ways and Means.

THIS WEEK IN YOUR SCHOOL BOARD

This week there are various meetings and events.

Family and Civic Engagement Committee Meeting on March 7th at 2:30pm @ Board Office Conference Room 6579 Royalton Rd., North Royalton, OH 44133.

The North Royalton High School Student Government is holding a “Dine for Domestic Violence” on March 7th, it will include a spaghetti dinner and speaker Johanna Orozco sharing her story. The money raised from the event will go towards the Cleveland Domestic Violence Center. A seminar on dating violence will follow. Orozco will begin speaking at 5:30 p.m. and dinner will follow at 6:30 p.m. Dinner includes spaghetti, meatballs, salad, bread, cupcake and beverage. The fundraiser also features a bake sale, raffle, prizes and entertainment. If you are interested tickets are at $10 for adults, $5 for students and $30 for a family of five or more. Tickets can be purchased at the door.

Health and Wellness Committee Meeting on March 8th at 1pm @ Board Office Conference Room 6579 Royalton Rd., North Royalton, OH 44133.

The School Board will meet on March 10th for its’ Board Work Session at 6pm @ the North Royalton Board of Education Office Conference Room, 6579 Royalton Rd., North Royalton, OH 44133. The Board will be reviewing the March Regular Meeting agenda items, and such other matters that may come before the Board.

The North Royalton High School Band Boosters is holding their 5th Annual Reverse Raffle on Saturday, March 12, 2011 at St. Michael's Woodside Party Center. They are also looking for monetary, product, or advertisement donations. Your donation is tax deductible. For more information or to support the North Royalton High School Band please contact Jennie Weible at jcw@weibleco.com.

Weekly E-mail Updates
If you have any friends or neighbors who would like to receive my weekly e-mail updates please let me know and I will be sure to add them to my e-mail list.

Website Under Construction
I just wanted to let you know that my website is currently under construction. I will be unveiling my new and improved website at www.danlangshaw.com in the coming months. However, you can follow me on Twitter @Langshaw4board.

My Contact Info
If you ever have any questions or concerns please feel free to give me at call at 440-596-0078 or e-mail me at dan.langshaw@northroyaltonsd.org.

Have a great week!

Dan Langshaw
North Royalton School Board Member
440-596-0078
www.danlangshaw.com

“Putting Students First”

____________________________________________________________________
If you no would longer wish to receive these updates or have a friend who would like to sign up for updates please e-mail danlangshaw4schoolboard@yahoo.com. Note that any views expressed represent my own personal viewpoints and do not necessarily reflect the views of the board or of fellow colleagues on the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment