Sunday, November 28, 2010

Board Update

Good Evening:

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!


LAST WEEK IN YOUR SCHOOL BOARD

On November 24th, I held my Monthly Constituent Coffee at the French Quarter Café. I just wanted to thank those who stopped by to give me their feedback. I hold these monthly coffees in order to stay in touch with fellow residents and listen to their feedback. There is no appointment necessary. Simply stop by and talk to me. I will keep you posted when my next monthly coffee in December will be.

THIS WEEK IN YOUR SCHOOL BOARD

This week there are various meetings and events.

City Recreation Board Meeting on November 30th at 6pm @ City Hall, 13834 Ridge Rd., North Royalton, OH 44133.

PJ Service Project
Brownie Girls Scout Troop 1084 and Royal View Elementary School, from the school guidance office, are partnering with a national program, the Pajama Project, to provide NEW pajamas to children-in-need, many of whom are waiting and hoping to be adopted, or are homeless and living in shelters. Some of these youngsters have been abused or abandoned and in many cases, have never enjoyed the simple comfort of having a loving mother or father tuck them in at bedtime. Through this service project, the hope is to contribute to a warmer, more loving environment for children when they are at their most vulnerable. Some of the local receiving organizations who will receive the pajamas include: the Cleveland Christian Home; local domestic violence; homeless; and children’s shelters; and the local Red Cross. Donation guidelines: Pajamas must be NEW! All sizes are needed – don’t forget the older children! Please provide complete sets of pajamas. Financial donations or Gift Cards are always welcome; please ensure these get to Counseling Office. All donated items may be placed under the Holiday Tree in the lobby at Royal View Elementary School from November 29-December 16. Please do NOT gift wrap the items. For more information, please contact Troop Leader Victoria Kress at victoriaekress@gmail.com.

Make a donation to the North Royalton Food Bank
For anyone that would like to donate food to the North Royalton Food Bank, you can take it directly to the Food Bank at 14900 State Road on the following Thursdays between the hours of 10am-Noon: December 2, December 9 and December 16. Volunteers will be there to assist you.

My Contact Info
If you ever have any questions or concerns please feel free to give me at call at 440-596-0078 or e-mail me at dan.langshaw@northroyaltonsd.org.

Weekly E-mail Updates
If you have any friends or neighbors who would like to receive my weekly e-mail updates please let me know and I will be sure to add them to my e-mail list. Or if they like they can sign up on the homepage of my website at www.danlangshaw.com


Have a Great Week!

Dan Langshaw
North Royalton School Board Member
440-596-0078
www.danlangshaw.com

“Putting Students First”

No comments:

Post a Comment