Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Board Update



Good Evening:

Wow, the summer went fast and soon school will be starting later this week. I just want to welcome you all back to school and wish you all a great 2011-2012 school year. Go BEARS!!!

If any of you have issues with your student’s bus stop or transportation this week please contact our Director of Transportation Joe Marcinowski at 440-582-9051.

LAST WEEK IN YOUR SCHOOL BOARD

The School Board met on August 15th for a Special Board Meeting for a Board Development Workshop. The Board got an update on the status of the Stadium Project. The Board also discussed such other matters that came before the Board.

On August 21st I participated in the North Royalton Homedays Parade. It was great seeing everyone in the parade and all the nice comments from residents.

THIS WEEK IN YOUR SCHOOL BOARD

This week there are various meetings and events.

Mark Your Calendars
Please note the exciting opportunity for all parents on August 24th when we host Dr. Ray Guarendi. Dr. Guarendi has been a regular guest on national radio and television, including Oprah, Joan Rivers, Scott Ross Prime Time, 700 Club, Gordon Elliot, and CBS This Morning. He’s appeared on regional radio and television shows in over 40 states and Canada. He has been the program psychologist for Cleveland’s Morning Exchange, Pittsburgh 2-Day, and AM Indiana. Below is some information about this event:

“STANDING STRONG AS A PARENT”
A Presentation You Won’t Want to Miss!
All are Welcome -- Free of Charge
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
North Royalton Performing Art Center
6:30 - 7:30 pm

First Day of School for the North Royalton City School District August 25th

Stadium Community Open House
The North Royalton City Schools and the North Royalton Stadium Foundation invite the community to an Open House of the new Serpentini Chevrolet Stadium at Gibson Field on Saturday, August 27 from 10am-1pm.

Coffee with School Board Member Dan Langshaw
If you are a constituent living in the North Royalton School District, you are
invited to attend my next monthly constituent coffee on August 30th at the French Quarter Café located at 5540 Wallings Road in North Royalton from 6pm to 8pm. I hold these coffees in order to stay in touch with fellow residents and listen to their feedback one on one. There is no appointment necessary. Simply stop by and talk to me.

Weekly E-mail Updates
If you have any friends or neighbors who would like to receive my weekly e-mail updates please let me know and I will be sure to add them to my e-mail list.

Follow me on Twitter or on my Blog
You can follow me on Twitter @Langshaw4board. I also have a blog at http://votelangshaw4board.blogspot.com.

My Contact Info
If you ever have any questions or concerns please feel free to give me at call at 440-596-0078 or e-mail me at dan.langshaw@northroyaltonsd.org.

Have a great week!

Dan Langshaw
North Royalton School Board Member
440-596-0078
www.danlangshaw.com

“Putting Students First”

No comments:

Post a Comment